Friday 26 September 2014

Congratulatory Note to Mohiniyattam Dancer - Awarded Doctorate - September 2014


Dancer Methil Devika was qualified for doctorate degree in Mohiniyattam from Bharatidasan University, Tiruchirapalli, the public defense of which was held on the 24th September, 2014 in the presence of eminent Guru, Padmabhushan Professor C.V.Chandrasekhar who was the external examiner and Dr. Fr. Saju George who was the research supervisor. It was an arduous two-hour session as Guru CVC intermittently asked me to demonstrate how I would apply a lot of ancient concepts into performance. It was perhaps the toughest that I have myself witnessed of a public defense so far. But I feel really blessed by God that at the end of it all, the verdict was that the defense was declared to be of ‘very high order’ and my thesis was adjudicated by Indian and foreign examiners as being a ‘path-breaking contribution to not only Mohiniyattam and Kerala, but to dance literature as well.’
Thank you.. my facebook friends for all the support and your precious words of inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment